“We Will Endure”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: the South Pacific
The People's Republic of Rascium is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Immanuel Sianipar with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.219 billion Rasciumians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vommangrad. The average income tax rate is 84.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Rasciumian economy, worth 136 trillion reichmarks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 111,630 reichmarks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Dangerous criminals are often 'accidentally' sent on one-way trips to Maxtopia, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and there are six more weeks of winter if a northerner sees her shadow. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rascium's national animal is the leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholocism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Rascium, there are six more weeks of winter if a northerner sees her shadow.
- : Following new legislation in Rascium, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in Rascium, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- : Following new legislation in Rascium, dangerous criminals are often 'accidentally' sent on one-way trips to Maxtopia.
- : Following new legislation in Rascium, the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping.
- : Rascium voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The New Inquisition".
- : Following new legislation in Rascium, attendance of fathers at PTA meetings is at an all-time high.
- : Following new legislation in Rascium, funerals are often rudely interrupted by juggling clowns shouting for volunteers from the audience.
- : Following new legislation in Rascium, reporters who negatively comment on politicians' haircuts are cut from the news.
- : Rascium was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
Endorsements Received: 71 » Pencil Sharpeners 2, Hanguk-Nippon, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Quiescent, Beepee, Erinor, USNE2018, Aumeltopia, Luddinlande, A Frog Dimension, Si-topia, Aidenfieeld, Linguiniland, Anachronolandia, Jaxon, Saciu, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Lambdaland, Myr Nyr, Tsvetania, Pax Dracon, Concrete Slab, Kandorith, The Filippinas, Jehenna, Auphelia, Sedunn, Xandev, Whimichy, Aywhyou, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Farengeto, Qvait, Birdkeeper, Land Without Shrimp, Jahass, Academy of Umbrellas, Wehraboos, Ostanasia, North Catimestistrianes, Wyatonians, Akindom, Dasko, Drugged Monkeys, Pays de Loire, Qawe, Churumduul, State of Iowa, and 21 others.Tsunamy, Staubsaugen, Agalaesia, Mew Nation, Upper Tyrconnel, PenguinPies, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, Ariankido, Rebel-topia, United Federated States of Omega, Jennaterra, The Sk8ing Unicorn, Aurcania, BootJack, Kuddles, Ketathinamiri Islands, UnShleepd, New Briantown, and Solega.