“bostandikh, tenyadik, bawirlastikh”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the South Pacific
|Leader||Comrade Abzal Askarin|
The Commonwealth of Ravenstan is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Comrade Abzal Askarin with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.872 billion Ravenstanis are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ayaru. The average income tax rate is 67.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Ravenstanian economy, worth 112 trillion Ravenstani roubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 59,994 Ravenstani roubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Exceptionally healthy police officers can sprint after crooks for hours on end, the constant playing of Merry Birthday on Ravenstanian radio has led to calls for the song to be classified as a crime against humanity, policemen regularly conduct midnight raids on closed donut shops to 'collect evidence', and laser-wielding robots are taking aim at human hearts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ravenstan's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ravenstan was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Mapico.
- : Ravenstan was endorsed by The WA Republic of Qawe.
- : Ravenstan was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Phanama.
- : Ravenstan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential and the Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry and Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Ravenstan was endorsed by The Republic of Direwolf1.
- : Following new legislation in Ravenstan, laser-wielding robots are taking aim at human hearts.
- : Following new legislation in Ravenstan, policemen regularly conduct midnight raids on closed donut shops to 'collect evidence'.
- : Following new legislation in Ravenstan, the constant playing of Merry Birthday on Ravenstanian radio has led to calls for the song to be classified as a crime against humanity.
- : Following new legislation in Ravenstan, exceptionally healthy police officers can sprint after crooks for hours on end.
- : Following new legislation in Ravenstan, fifteen-year-olds cannot walk younger siblings to school without a professional Childcare and Education Certificate.
Endorsements Received: 36 » Aumeltopia, Erinor, Saciu, Wehraboos, Aidenfieeld, Qvait, Land Without Shrimp, Ariankido, Agalaesia, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, State of Iowa, Ketathinamiri Islands, Volaworand, Pencil Sharpeners 2, New Briantown, Churumduul, Adidasistan, Sedunn, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Imperial Duck, Amerion, Concrete Slab, Farengeto, Empa Aserium, Marinho Islands, Gecetesse, Anachronolandia, Quiescent, Paranoia, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Romanus Terrae, Direwolf1, Phanama, Qawe, and Mapico.