“A man's worth is no greater than his ambitions.” nobody
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Ambassador
Location: United Nations of Liberalia
|Capital||The Tenth Circle of Hell|
The Archetypical Evil Empire of Rebels and Saints is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by nobody with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, barren, inhospitable landscape, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.566 billion rebels and saints are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Tenth Circle of Hell. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 48.5%.
The all-consuming rebellious and saintly economy, worth 317 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 123,827 dollars, with the richest citizens earning 6.9 times as much as the poorest.
There is a heavy social stigma attached to e-cigarettes, mandatory daycare is provided by the government, sullen teenagers in bright orange 'community payback' onesies can be seen picking litter at the roadside, and the end of communism came with retail rather than revolution. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rebels and Saints's national animal is the fer-de-lance, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Arcane Magic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rebels and Saints's influence in United Nations of Liberalia rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Rebels and Saints agreed to construct embassies between United Nations of Liberalia and Raven Brook.
- : Rebels and Saints lodged a message on the United Nations of Liberalia Regional Message Board.
- : Rebels and Saints published "The Long Game: Explaining My Absences, Confessing to Various Crimes and Evil Actions, and... Other Stuff, I Guess" (Bulletin: News).
- : Rebels and Saints's influence in United Nations of Liberalia fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".
- : Rebels and Saints was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Rebels and Saints's influence in United Nations of Liberalia fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- : Rebels and Saints's influence in United Nations of Liberalia fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- : Rebels and Saints was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Black Market and the Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- : Rebels and Saints's influence in United Nations of Liberalia fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".