“We will be good, we will be free”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Republic of Reliqua is a very large, efficient nation, renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, keen interest in outer space, and suspicion of poets. The hard-working, devout population of 110 million Reliquans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Spirituality, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 14.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Reliquan economy, worth 8.69 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 79,034 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The new foreign policy is "why bother invading neighbours when they can be bought wholesale?", it's harder to qualify for IVF than for a good university, most believe 'tis better to give than to receive, and beating enemies to death with a baseball bat is legal if done within nine innings. Crime is totally unknown. Reliqua's national animal is the Mockingbird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Reliqua, beating enemies to death with a baseball bat is legal if done within nine innings.
- : Following new legislation in Reliqua, most believe 'tis better to give than to receive.
- : Following new legislation in Reliqua, it's harder to qualify for IVF than for a good university.
- : Following new legislation in Reliqua, the new foreign policy is "why bother invading neighbours when they can be bought wholesale?".
- : Reliqua voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Aurelia"".
- : Following new legislation in Reliqua, political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act.
- : Following new legislation in Reliqua, government theft from poor artists to give to rich allies has been dubbed the "reverse Robin Hood" policy.
- : Following new legislation in Reliqua, balaclava manufacturers are held criminally culpable for bank heists.
- : Reliqua endorsed The Christmas Tree Factory of Cobleck Weleis.
- : Following new legislation in Reliqua, crocodile roadkill is smeared across the asphalt of the new Formula One track.
Endorsements Received: 86 » Pazair, Yaorozu, Alunya, Runeda, The Rhein States, Babacar, Territorio di Nessuno, Valhalla123, Eravonia, Sunto, El Fiji Grande, McMasterdonia, Corfad, Miruma, Wodan, Dar es Saalam, Dreadton, Castle Federation, Koda-Land, Kaschovia, Newpromisedland, Selfgradatude, Zyvetskistaahn, Aratani, Pallaith, Sundred, Shibutani, Guer Aike, Federation Terra Australis, Sockmanland, United Anglo-America, Zumlandia, Interdimensional Zone, Kranostav, New Bremerton, Ethnon, Empy, Great Bights Mum, Dabarastan, North Bratislava, Daiz, Loutsland, Ponantine, Holy Oranz, The Navy Blue, Frances Francis the First of France, Religioncord, Notyoutopia, Siwale, Wineclaw, and 36 others.Orado, Viridiann, 1 very fast endotarter, Black Templares, Ravendi, Palgo, Tachycardia, Gnomewatchers, The Iron Lions, Sil Dorsett, U S Eh, Steampunk Ariel, Aenglaland, Great Robertia, The Tampa Bay Rays, Glurponia, Eri-Maqa-Ena, General COE, Amauri, Serendipita Martia, Umuyyad, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Mazeoftime, Vathnutum, Seenvorland, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Praeceps, Valentine Z, Racoda, New Lakemba, New Bismuthium, Angshire, Volstokn, Fendlium, Shadowrik, and Cobleck Weleis.