“Through a Golden Mean”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The North Pacific
The Republic of Republic of Amal is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its pith helmet sales, suspicion of poets, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 273 million Amalians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aljana. The average income tax rate is 65.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Amalian economy, worth 17.6 trillion Ladits a year, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 64,330 Ladits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Snap elections are called over every minor impasse, directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use Aljana as a backdrop, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside, and printing out government documents requires the approval of at least three admins. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Republic of Amal's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Republic of Amal, printing out government documents requires the approval of at least three admins.
- : Republic of Amal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Promoting Natural Sciences in Schools"".
- : Following new legislation in Republic of Amal, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside.
- : Following new legislation in Republic of Amal, directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use Aljana as a backdrop.
- : Following new legislation in Republic of Amal, snap elections are called over every minor impasse.
- : Republic of Amal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average and Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Republic of Amal, all the playground's a stage for Amalian schoolchildren.
- : Following new legislation in Republic of Amal, more than one company makes the board game Monopoly.
- : Following new legislation in Republic of Amal, the airship business has been driven out of the country by strict regulations and high fines.
- : Following new legislation in Republic of Amal, it's best not to ask what goes into Aljana Fried Chicken's secret blend of herbs and spices.
Endorsements Received: 200 » McMasterdonia, Runeda, Alunya, Ethnon, The Iron Lions, Shibutani, Nordic-British Union, Miruma, Kasazzastan, Notyoutopia, Territorio di Nessuno, The Rhein States, Pallaith, Corfad, Czechochechnyoslovenovakia, Yaorozu, Pazair, Zyvetskistaahn, PotatoFarmers, Great Bights Mum, Loutsland, PlanetPunk, Dreadton, Sunto, Walter Jackson, North Bratislava, United Earth Federation Forces, Dar es Saalam, Koda-Land, Eravonia, Guer Aike, Seenvorland, The Teddy, Selfgradatude, Kranostav, Xentherida, Amauri, Orado, Unsophisticate, Venezuelia, Trillius, Sundred, Wilkshire, Viridiann, New Bremerton, Moisus, Omnistria, Federation Terra Australis, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Vincone Cae, and 150 others.Zumlandia, ZimRobwe, Dabarastan, Frances Francis the First of France, VietAnhland, Yun Empire, Steampunk Ariel, Newpromisedland, Glurponia, Wisconsota, Sockmanland, Wineclaw, 1 very fast endotarter, New Lakemba, Idumetala, Parmovand, United Kahndaq, Iceland People, Soviet Terran, Daiz, Holy Oranz, Gilakistan, Empy, Orven, Fraguale Cothe, Chukstik Illahi, Duerrlewang, Terban Kedah, New Pruessen, The Sinclarian Provinces, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Siwale, Kanlidia, The Tampa Bay Rays, Eteles, Fascist Democracy, Ice and Tinian, The Irish chain, Sil Dorsett, Interdimensional Zone, Goldenis, Minuda, Elder Realms, The Gamer Party, Alice Gardens, Calamazo, Ravendi, Cloydicia, Yukti, Felpolandia, Unprintable Initiator, Kaschovia, Valhalla123, Jovian Knights, Anungu, Bearical, Ataraxia Somnia, Siau, Diodone, SORT, Umuyyad, Afcon, Abject Ludicrosity, Lotion Empire, Kuveria, Sahil Shintre, Europ3, Rosewood-, The Reorganized Arctic Territories, The AP Republic, Prydania, Nationeer, Black Templares, Get Away From Me, Solmetria, Shadowrik, Aratani, North Armatas, East Supple Lund, Moose repupblic, Scouria, Abiswashyo-bhumi, Castle Federation, Great and Glorious Martese Unionins, United Anglo-America, Bonjoura, Ponantine, Centromuria, Banabistan, New Holloway, BrightFutures, Wodan, Fizban, The English Alliance, Partax, Old Emporia, Tachycardia, Aroa, Religioncord, Preble, Dadastan Archipelago, El Fiji Grande, Rogue 1880, Palgo, Zecit, Manticore utopia, Ihese, Freyford, Angwayster, Florantia, Vexilia, Independent Halls, Kalatona, Dylanana, Antiyard, Dicko, David Davidson, Helix Labs, Gnomewatchers, Central Ryal, The Navy Blue, Elgaland-Vargaland, Landnovia, U S Eh, Aenglaland, Palenhold, East Wushen, Sea Ghost, Esplandia, Phoronu, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, Panama Coalition, General COE, Pleroma Sans Romans, Choistan, Free Culture, Tellavinna, Kelvaros Prime, New Phyrreus, Valentine Z, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Praeceps, Fendlium, New Bismuthium, OGANESUIM, Bojacks and Jills, Angshire, Volstokn, Cobleck Weleis, and Neo Hungarica.