“Onwards, to the Final Frontier”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Instigator
Location: The Region That Has No Big Banks
|Leader||President John H Glenn|
The Scientific Utopia of Republic of Penguinian Astronautia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President John H Glenn with a fair hand, and notable for its pith helmet sales, parental licensing program, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.002 billion Republic of Penguinian Astronautians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Industry, Healthcare, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Trantor. The average income tax rate is 97.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Republic of Penguinian Astronautian economy, worth a remarkable 1,585 trillion Unified Credits a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 198,132 Unified Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Frisbee games on college quadrangles are grounds for expulsion, environmental legislation occurs cyclically, there's no representation without taxation, and military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames. Crime is totally unknown. Republic of Penguinian Astronautia's national animal is the Bottlenose Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Scientology.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Republic of Penguinian Astronautia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Republic of Penguinian Astronautia, military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames.
- : Following new legislation in Republic of Penguinian Astronautia, there's no representation without taxation.
- : Republic of Penguinian Astronautia's influence in The Region That Has No Big Banks fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Republic of Penguinian Astronautia lodged a message on the The Region That Has No Big Banks Regional Message Board.
- : Republic of Penguinian Astronautia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Republic of Penguinian Astronautia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Following new legislation in Republic of Penguinian Astronautia, environmental legislation occurs cyclically.
- : Republic of Penguinian Astronautia was endorsed by The County of Lotarmy.
- : Following new legislation in Republic of Penguinian Astronautia, frisbee games on college quadrangles are grounds for expulsion.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Yodle, Liliths Revenge, Partisan Italy, Chinpa, Tim Hortonia, HaMz, Burikat, Akaavir, Peefeet, Sanomycromony, Socialistic Britain, Free State of Belgium, Endille, Lucrom, Pupperton, Fey And Co, Aurynovia, Labour and Unity, Redocious, Afro Anarcho Alliance, Rogue Nation of Germany, United Islands of The Sea, Tychovo, Aya Democratic Republic, Lkandria, Alvnhiem, Based Communes, Valley of Lys, Ausistan, The Washington Federation, Primscostan, Ardeyn, Chivka, DinkleBourgeois, Peoples Republic of Peepeeland, Marumaru, Danlandea, Lichtenland, Tornnland, Samstiel, New United Common-lands, Anzaris, and Lotarmy.