“As eternal as the sky.”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Contender
Location: The Coalition of Democratic Nations
The State of Republic of Washinton is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and notable for its otherworldly petting zoo, anti-smoking policies, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 12.071 billion Washingtonians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alexandria DW. The average income tax rate is 22.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Republic of Washintonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,852 trillion Dollars a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Information Technology. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 153,444 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government has pinkie-promised never to use its veto power except in an emergency, the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks", the tenet of free speech is held dear, and the nation is automatically assumed to be the source of all unmarked weapons. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Republic of Washinton's national animal is the Bald Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Republic of Washinton voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Republic of Washinton was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Republic of Washinton voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Republic of Washinton was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Republic of Washinton voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Republic of Washinton's influence in The Coalition of Democratic Nations fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Republic of Washinton voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Republic of Washinton voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Republic of Washinton's influence in The Coalition of Democratic Nations rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Republic of Washinton was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens and the Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.