“Pahu, Ühtsus, Vabadus”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Power
|Leader||Rimese Free Council|
The Commonwealth of Rimas is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Rimese Free Council with a fair hand, and renowned for its smutty television, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.066 billion Rimese hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Anstram. The average income tax rate is 43.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Rimasian economy, worth 99.8 trillion Elsions a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Retail, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 93,617 Elsions, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Tourists are forbidden to enter Native Rimasian lands, foreign policy is mostly just to smile and hope for the best, one does not simply walk into the tundra, and traumatised refugees have a full bedpan shoved into their hands along with their immigration papers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Rimas's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rimas agreed to construct embassies between Connov and Gypsy Lands.
- : Rimas voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Safety Regulations for Trade Route Canals".
- : Following new legislation in Rimas, traumatised refugees have a full bedpan shoved into their hands along with their immigration papers.
- : Following new legislation in Rimas, one does not simply walk into the tundra.
- : Rimas voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Toxic Heavy Metals Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Rimas, foreign policy is mostly just to smile and hope for the best.
- : Following new legislation in Rimas, tourists are forbidden to enter Native Rimasian lands.
- : Following new legislation in Rimas, popular cartoon characters frequently appear in government-sponsored PSAs reminding students to say no to drugs.
- : Rimas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Food Quality.
- : Following new legislation in Rimas, when electric cars arrived nobody heard them coming.