“Strength from Knowledge”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Most Serene Republic of Rocra Solast is a huge, safe nation, notable for its otherworldly petting zoo, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 383 million Rocra Solastians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Göttetten. The average income tax rate is 54.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Rocra Solastian economy, worth 27.2 trillion credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is 71,146 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion, the owl is a protected species, and burning yourself alive is not okay but starving and whipping yourself is fine. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rocra Solast's national animal is the owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rocra Solast was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Maott.
- : Following new legislation in Rocra Solast, burning yourself alive is not okay but starving and whipping yourself is fine.
- : Following new legislation in Rocra Solast, the owl is a protected species.
- : Following new legislation in Rocra Solast, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Rocra Solast, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat.
- : Rocra Solast was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Ponantine.
- : Rocra Solast was endorsed by The Empire of Great Robertia.
- : Rocra Solast was endorsed by The Republic of Aratani.
- : Following new legislation in Rocra Solast, tuba players are paid to quietly whisper into their instruments.
- : Following new legislation in Rocra Solast, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing.
Endorsements Received: 79 » Alunya, Shin-Hachioji, Sinelona, El Fiji Grande, The Rhein States, Runeda, Loutsland, Yaorozu, Territorio di Nessuno, Great Bights Mum, Sundred, Xzavia-Hjar, Koda-Land, Dar es Saalam, Kwaj, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Test for a new hope, Newpromisedland, Arkenistan, Notyoutopia, Shibutani, Zumlandia, Princely Irbis, Bearical, Sockmanland, Valhalla123, Daiz, Sil Dorsett, Corfad, Pallaith, Guer Aike, Ethnon, Dramanian, Omnistria, New Bremerton, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Spartoptia, Holy Oranz, Federation Terra Australis, Trillius, Dreadton, Sunto, The Tampa Bay Rays, 1 very fast endotarter, Selfgradatude, PlanetPunk, Orado, North Bratislava, Sheldanada, Siwale, and 29 others.Wineclaw, Elder Realms, Makersaulache, Kasazzastan, New Octicarg, Duerrlewang, Some Random TNP Nation, Grimandia, Cuyan, Quebekistand, Jasminlandia, McMasterdonia, Torakuen, Shadowrik, General COE, Steampunk Ariel, Frie Annium, Glurponia, Frances Francis the First of France, Orven, Guslantis, The Stratosphere Islands, Destructive Government Endorsing System, The Notorious Mad Jack, Black Templares, Aratani, Great Robertia, Ponantine, and Maott.