“Vivat vagantes umbrae!”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Lupis Lustrī of Rogue Shadows is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Trent Steel with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 12.817 billion Rogue Shadowsians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Los Alamos. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 83.3%.
The very strong Rogue Shadowsian economy, worth a remarkable 1,299 trillion lootenrags a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 101,374 lootenrags, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 289,362 per year while the poor average 28,306, a ratio of 10.2 to 1.
The nation's atlases tend to go out of date every few weeks, saying "don't do anything that Trent Steel wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal, good-looking soldier boys have celebrity status amongst the nation's homosexuals, and shopkeepers use microscopes to verify the authenticity of banknotes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rogue Shadows's national animal is the mew, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rogue Shadows's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Rogue Shadows relocated from Osiris to Balder.
- : Rogue Shadows's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Rogue Shadows's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Rogue Shadows's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Rogue Shadows was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured, Most Popular Tourist Destinations, Most Extensive Public Healthcare, Most Advanced Public Transport, and Smartest Citizens.
- : Rogue Shadows altered its national flag.
- : Rogue Shadows was refounded in Osiris.
- : Rogue Shadows ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Rogue Shadows was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.