|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The East Pacific
The Empire of Rohanland is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 585 million Rohanlandians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Osprey. The average income tax rate is 31.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Rohanlandian economy, worth 57.1 trillion Rohans a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Cheese Exports, and Tourism. Average income is 97,594 Rohans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Teenage TV characters are played by thirty-year-olds by the end of the second season, computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails, the World Empire Games have been won again by Rohanland as no other country cares enough to compete, and spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rohanland's national animal is the Rohanosaurus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rohanland was endorsed by The Empire of Eastern Hyront Scassen.
- : Rohanland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Following new legislation in Rohanland, spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches.
- : Following new legislation in Rohanland, the World Empire Games have been won again by Rohanland as no other country cares enough to compete.
- : Following new legislation in Rohanland, computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails.
- : Following new legislation in Rohanland, teenage TV characters are played by thirty-year-olds by the end of the second season.
- : Following new legislation in Rohanland, the government has officially clarified that "wee on your hands to save time" does not count as proper hygiene.
- : Following new legislation in Rohanland, the Father of the House has been in office just shy of a fortnight.
- : Following new legislation in Rohanland, claiming that "my cousin said it was legal" is a common courtroom defense.
- : Rohanland was endorsed by The Free Land of Morrowine.
Endorsements Received: 177 » Raunch, A Slanted Black Stripe, Lingu, Tshana, Lanagon, Stellar Colonies, Asendavia, The Eternal Land of Jong, Republic of Berzerkistan, Schrebia, VW53Aland, Army of Chaos, St Guilders Gate, Arkantis, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Adavan, The Empire of Rijelv, Drunken Seal Islands, New Leganes, Freedomindia, Roliganistan, Rhealaliit, H-Zhena, The Soviet Space Commie Union, Ayaupia, Azureano, Wizardonia, Zukchiva, Staynes, The United Neo American Union, North Insomnia, CheeseBurrito, Zang0, BearStackof2015, Modra, Adioration, Pakitsk, Riveraland, Brotherland, Merlovich, Liberstankonia, British Calradia, Socialist Holy American Empire, Dark Edgyness, Citergue, Goodnamesarerare, Sycona, Talitoa, Lilisk, United China Nation, and 127 others.Constructbegin, Unger under over, The Solar Ottomans, Biggstonia, Ripsylvania, Tassirion, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Chria Deau, Squid Ruinosa, Bai Lung, Federated States of Zootron, Lyontisia, Dragonia, ReeK, Elejamie, Wanabe, Kilkire, La xinga, Seri Tai Republic, Kucia, Headpat Central, Galve, New Liberitad, Chubaka, Bullpups, Kangarawa, Greater New Cassandra, Enlil, BuciLand, Kaigi, Interdimensional Waifus, Adolanta, The Three States of Fortuna, Coruh, Dracacre, Grossvietnam, The Militarius Imperium, Dreamersistan, Broengtopia, United Dirtpile, CopyCato, Bytes, Blobbo, Calbee, Akorial, Norport, The State of McDonalds, Roissyland, The Almighty Country, Distro-Spartica, Airrajul, Rage Mage, Rainbow Vests, Plazland, Tretrid, SecularNorth, Kriov, Monezambique, Tawuse, 3 14159265358979323846264, Nifalembria Zamingstan, ReReReRepublic, Jakubonia, Ridann, Technocratic Tagalog, Hokolokia, Puelo, Mays Austrian Nation, Evrigenis, Khadah, Lorynia, Didusland, Bynzich, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Savorca, Harro Waarudho, Wiranath, Marrabuk, Jyzeria, Amjedia, Chrootangtonia, Aize, East Malaysia, Arcady-Asclepia, Tseriesiscoming, Alderaciea, Hexyia, Iodinia, West Akhzaristan, Propwash, The Argos Federation, Trimmania, Solis Ortis, Chols Worithopia, Slonful, VernKhalla, Yossito II, Imperial Akatsuki, Washingtonian Order, Quinto Piano, Kanadeer, Impia Aghte, The Jamlandias, The Northernlands, Equatannia, Generousity, Taurora, Techny, Libertanny, Filipopol, Slongs, Mahatakutana, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Kagorg Bra Corna, Rythawelerzi, Firenation91, Layngderfleethe, Survivoristan, Tesseratum, Soul Stream, NorthLuxeland, ArenaC, JohorRiau, Refuge Isle, Morrowine, and Eastern Hyront Scassen.