“Drevet av naturen.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: Nordic Lands
The Kingdom of Rolven is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Birgitta Raske with a fair hand, and remarkable for its soft-spoken computers, national health service, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.722 billion Rolves love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Borgund. The average income tax rate is 98.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Rolvish economy, worth a remarkable 1,278 trillion Kroner a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 165,589 Kroner, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Explicit slash fiction is repackaged for kindergarten kids as stories about friends cuddling friends, children dream of becoming physicians and physicists, Birgitta Raske is frequently seen begging critics to stop insulting the government, and cotton candy made from genuine cotton cellulose doesn't quite satisfy. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rolven's national animal is the Red Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rolven's influence in Nordic Lands rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Rolven was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Rolven's influence in Nordic Lands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Rolven's influence in Nordic Lands rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Rolven's influence in Nordic Lands rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Rolven's influence in Nordic Lands rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Rolven's influence in Nordic Lands rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Rolven relocated from Balder to Nordic Lands.
- : Rolven altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Rolven, cotton candy made from genuine cotton cellulose doesn't quite satisfy.