“Well, It Wasn't”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
Location: United Economic Superiority
The Lazy Builders of Rom Was Not Built In A Day is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its prohibition of alcohol, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, devout population of 9.826 billion Rom Was Not Built In A Dayians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 66.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Rom Was Not Built In A Dayian economy, worth 480 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 48,850 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Young children are learning advanced physics to scientifically disprove the existence of Santa Claus, sneezing pedestrians are grabbed by alley-lurking doctors, weathermen are being arrested for attempting to read the future, and families are left homeless as entire suburbs are bulldozed on the whim of tribal chiefs. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rom Was Not Built In A Day's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rom Was Not Built In A Day's influence in United Economic Superiority rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : The Holy Empire of Bad Witch 36 dismissed Rom Was Not Built In A Day as npa of Rathaia.
- : Rom Was Not Built In A Day's influence in United Economic Superiority rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Rom Was Not Built In A Day resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Rom Was Not Built In A Day's influence in United Economic Superiority rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Rom Was Not Built In A Day endorsed The Armed Republic of East Isles28.
- : Rom Was Not Built In A Day relocated from The Allied Nations of Egalaria to United Economic Superiority.
- : Rom Was Not Built In A Day was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Rom Was Not Built In A Day's influence in The Allied Nations of Egalaria rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Rom Was Not Built In A Day's influence in The Allied Nations of Egalaria rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".