“За Бога, Принцессу и Родину!”
|Category: Free-Market Paradise|
Regional Influence: Squire
|Leader||Her Serene Highness Princess Zephyrine I|
|Faith||Eastern Orthodox Christianity|
The Principality of Romanovskaya is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Her Serene Highness Princess Zephyrine I with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, pith helmet sales, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.227 billion Romanovans enjoy frequent elections, which are uniformly corrupted by big-spending corporations buying politicians who best suit their interests.
The minute, corrupt, moralistic, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Industry, with Education also on the agenda, while Administration and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vyborg. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Romanovan economy, worth 169 trillion Imperial Rubles a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Retail, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 137,811 Imperial Rubles, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 410,976 per year while the poor average 36,185, a ratio of 11.4 to 1.
Smiling in public is seen as criminally suspicious behaviour, black tea is only available on the black market, the government is avowedly secular, and the clergy of Eastern Orthodox Christianity remains a single-sex institution. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Romanovskaya's national animal is the Reindeer, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Eastern Orthodox Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Romanovskaya, the clergy of Eastern Orthodox Christianity remains a single-sex institution.
- : Following new legislation in Romanovskaya, the government is avowedly secular.
- : Romanovskaya voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Following new legislation in Romanovskaya, black tea is only available on the black market.
- : Romanovskaya was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Following new legislation in Romanovskaya, smiling in public is seen as criminally suspicious behaviour.
- : Romanovskaya's influence in Geopolity rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Romanovskaya lodged a message on the Geopolity Regional Message Board.
- : Romanovskaya was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Romanovskaya, children often kick Reindeer for amusement.