“We are simply, one hell of a nation.”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Kingdom of Ronster is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its ban on automobiles, vat-grown people, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed population of 604 million Ronsterians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wolfdon. The average income tax rate is 45.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Ronsterian economy, worth 66.4 trillion Pounds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 109,921 Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby, sullen teenagers in bright orange 'community payback' onesies can be seen picking litter at the roadside, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms, and droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ronster's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ronster voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Darkesia".
- : Following new legislation in Ronster, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- : Following new legislation in Ronster, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms.
- : Following new legislation in Ronster, sullen teenagers in bright orange 'community payback' onesies can be seen picking litter at the roadside.
- : Ronster's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Ronster was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Following new legislation in Ronster, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby.
- : Following new legislation in Ronster, polling place volunteers are suddenly opening a huge number of offshore bank accounts.
- : Following new legislation in Ronster, the nation operates a "finders-keepers" policy with other nations' citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Ronster, every microwave and toaster is being disassembled and probed by inspectors.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Saciu, Erinor, Beepee, Barabarom, Aumeltopia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Volaworand, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bawkie, Anachronolandia, United States of Vietnam, Kringalia, Luddinlande, Oskyelion, Quiescent, Sandaoguo, Kandorith, Arasi Luvasa, Aidenfieeld, Argenistan, Tsvetania, Darakin, USNE2018, The Solar System Scope, Nowa Europa, Si-topia, Aywhyou, Crabius, Seliyan progressive Islands, Nothanksbutseriously, Grouu, Outlast Colorado, Jaxon, Kroumos, Sedunn, Auphelia, Towi Lamia, Midand, Whimichy, Bear Connors Paradiso, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Farengeto, Birdkeeper, Maletora, Akindom, Land Without Shrimp, Wehraboos, Jahass, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Rebel-topia, and 15 others.Centristvill, Kiasu-ism, Ancient Slobovia, The Filippinas, Choodox, Pax Dracon, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, United Weshickstine, Academy of Umbrellas, FreeFishers, The United Expanse, Xandev, Ostanasia, Jehenna, and Japanese Federal Republic.