|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists
Regional Influence: Squire
|Apple of Knowledge
The Sanctus Luciferi Astraea of Rosartemis is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its teetotalling pirates, punitive income tax rates, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 584 million Cultists are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Industry, Law & Order, and Administration also on the agenda, while International Aid isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baphomet. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 67.2%.
The frighteningly efficient a Believer economy, worth 79.1 trillion Apples of Knowledge a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Pizza Delivery. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 135,361 Apples of Knowledge, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 406,085 per year while the poor average 35,243, a ratio of 11.5 to 1.
Political activists are routinely executed, the world still seems flat to some people in space, children are terrified that the 'flying police monster' will come to take them away in the night, and young soldiers are shocked to discover there are no 'safe spaces' on a battlefield. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rosartemis's national animal is the Serpent, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rosartemis proposed constructing embassies between Rosartemis and Alliance of Supreme Powers.
- : Rosartemis proposed constructing embassies between Rosartemis and Ardenia.
- : Rosartemis lodged a message on the Astoria Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Rosartemis, young soldiers are shocked to discover there are no 'safe spaces' on a battlefield.
- : Following new legislation in Rosartemis, children are terrified that the 'flying police monster' will come to take them away in the night.
- : Rosartemis banned The Community of N-Day10 from Astoria.
- : Rosartemis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Following new legislation in Rosartemis, the world still seems flat to some people in space.
- : Following new legislation in Rosartemis, political activists are routinely executed.
- : Rosartemis relocated from United Lurijstian Republic to Astoria.