|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
The Empire of Rototornik is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Stanislav Zelko with an iron fist, and remarkable for its triple-decker prams, digital currency, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 17.591 billion 'Tornikians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education, Law & Order, and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Miscarcand. The average income tax rate is 99.3%.
The frighteningly efficient 'Tornikian economy, worth an astonishing 14,875 trillion Torniks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is a breathtaking 845,605 Torniks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Power to the people comes from the barrel of a gun, ghost regiments exist only on paper, citizens know never to accept cookies from strangers, and they who do not work shall not eat. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rototornik's national animal is the Nigershrimp, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is Orthodox Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Rototornik, they who do not work shall not eat.
- : Following new legislation in Rototornik, citizens know never to accept cookies from strangers.
- : Rototornik was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Following new legislation in Rototornik, ghost regiments exist only on paper.
- : Following new legislation in Rototornik, power to the people comes from the barrel of a gun.
- : Following new legislation in Rototornik, there is no other place with more lab coats per square mile than former houses of worship.
- : Following new legislation in Rototornik, from the highest mountain to the deepest cave - one can always count on finding a good cell signal in Rototornik.
- : Following new legislation in Rototornik, minefields are being deployed along the border to discourage potential emigrants from trying to leave.
- : Following new legislation in Rototornik, the derisively named "Morlocks of Moria" futilely demand time in the sun.
- : Following new legislation in Rototornik, to 'cut off family ties' is no longer just a phrase.