“El Pueblo Unido Jamás Sera Vencido”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
Location: The Leftist Assembly
|Leader||Alejandro Reyes Rivera|
The People's Republic of Roulantinia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Alejandro Reyes Rivera with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.838 billion Roulantinians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Castroviejo. The average income tax rate is 91.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Roulantine economy, worth 272 trillion arruelas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Tourism. Average income is 95,936 arruelas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sex changes are routinely performed at Roulantinia's hospitals, shady doctors seem to have impeccable records, people have become comfortably numb, and the nation has nearly as many history museums as Roulantinians. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Roulantinia's national animal is the reindeer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Roulantinia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Roulantinia, the nation has nearly as many history museums as Roulantinians.
- : Following new legislation in Roulantinia, people have become comfortably numb.
- : Following new legislation in Roulantinia, shady doctors seem to have impeccable records.
- : Following new legislation in Roulantinia, sex changes are routinely performed at Roulantinia's hospitals.
- : Roulantinia endorsed The Collective Syndicate of Thurston.
- : Roulantinia endorsed The Free Land of Jathuie.
- : Roulantinia was endorsed by The Collective Syndicate of Thurston.
- : Roulantinia was endorsed by The Free Land of Jathuie.
- : Roulantinia endorsed The Community of Wispsent.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Llorens, Ephros, Transcommunist Republics, New Arkados, Kongoland, Ghillemear, Anarchocommunists of the World, Henchikurin, Nangka, Sincadenas, Rorlenland, Dyl, Picuros, Slackertown, Buttia, Antinios, Nepacton Murt, Martilliopen, Kawany, Sorwickshire, Kavagrad, Grod Island, Silverfish37, Fizzopolis, New Russsia, Aetsveld-Aalstad, New Volica, Socialist Great Picardy, Super Awesome Fun Times, Anioniotopia, Chapolia Zranzia, Argentigrad, Soviet Catgirls, Asturies-Llion, Old Corus, Claiomha, Agatep, Kaamapoori, Helionyx, Ezmwalia, Creatrix, Sauros, Shermani, Wagrurg, Eskhaton, New Samon, Podria, Das Pardgulew, Narodnya, Death Wishers, and 3 others.Wispsent, Jathuie, and Thurston.