“The Past Was the Worst.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
The 🌲Rewilding🌲 of Ruinenlust is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Rex Silvae with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, national health service, and unlimited-speed roads. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 13.168 billion Rūins hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dendropolis. The average income tax rate is 90.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Rūined economy, worth a remarkable 3,016 trillion Runes a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 229,101 Runes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It turns out you can teach cats new tricks, a sudden shout of "surprise!" does not herald a party for teachers, being dead no longer has any benefits, and computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ruinenlust's national animal is the Flying Squirrel, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails.
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, being dead no longer has any benefits.
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, a sudden shout of "surprise!" does not herald a party for teachers.
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, it turns out you can teach cats new tricks.
- : Ruinenlust lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, nervous homeowners have been blamed for rising death rates amongst carol singers and locksmiths.
- : Ruinenlust voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Europeia"".
- : Ruinenlust was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport and the Top 10% for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, mandatory state-funded classes teach Libertarianism.
- : Ruinenlust approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Commend Europeia"".
Endorsements Received: 103 » Ransium, Eryndlynd, Velkia and the Islands, Candlewhisper Archive, Cannibaland, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Kawastyselir, Caterasia, Ownzone, Canaltia, Ziotah and Riverside, Chilledsville, The Black Forrest, Turbeaux, Love and Nature, Entitize, Taco Respublic, The Void Territories, Window Land, Verdant Haven, Cat-Herders United, Novian Republics, Ordand, Hyon Delta, Bananaistan, Lura, Cheloboria, Marimoland, Bilsa, Effazio, Anachronolandia, Middle Barael, Atsvea, Tscharva, Bestburg, Alcantaria, Kannap, Chan Island, Terrabod, The Cypher Nine, Roless, Blue Nagia, Cuillin, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Shauls, Fartsniffage, Wizardonia, Kyratistani, Obvile Kiatopia, Viencia, and 53 others.Greyveldt, Forest Virginia, Thrything, Gorthias, Rhodevus, Carolean Dynasty, Old Hope, Jamilkhuze, Kase, Republik Hintonia, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, The Campbell Nation, Saint Dolmance, Rezkhazia, Imperial States of Duotona, Phillip Isle, Sean Fiobha, Ferastenfal, Otuken Yurt, Jutsa, Uan aa Boa, York Zionia, Caer Neamh, Uiiop, 86-land, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Shalotte, Galaxiak, Ithersta, Forgotten Beauty, Turiol Empire, Plifte, Columbiqash, Prusmia, North Rukonia, Zerphen, Velichye, Ecologist Hegemony, Lofia, Edible Plywood, Nordustra, Sen Adimen, Dulkney, Great Julunaphra, Siornor, Heidgaudr, Daarwyrth, Sonnveld, United Malay Federation, Thylia, Pythaga, Girelna, and Ypogegrammeni.