“To Have a Garden is to Believe in the Future.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Envoy
The May Flowers of Ruinenlust is a gargantuan, cultured nation, remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 10.362 billion Rūins hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dendropolis. The average income tax rate is 16.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming RūÓned economy, worth a remarkable 1,963 trillion Runes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 189,456 Runes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians always seem to take two steps forward then three steps back, selfie stick use is a required Scout badge, the volume of paperwork used to complete a single environmental assessment defeats the purpose, and all recreational drugs are legal. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Ruinenlust's national animal is the Flying Squirrel, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, all recreational drugs are legal.
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, the volume of paperwork used to complete a single environmental assessment defeats the purpose.
- : Ruinenlust approved the World Assembly proposal "Freedom of dress".
- : Ruinenlust endorsed The Republic of Yunislavia.
- : Ruinenlust endorsed The Archipelagic Kingdom of Foir.
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, selfie stick use is a required Scout badge.
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, politicians always seem to take two steps forward then three steps back.
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, referenda are held for every conceivable government action.
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, on graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons.
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, the mood of raunchy movies is often ruined by the sound of babies crying.
Endorsements Received: 116 » Ransium, Eryndlynd, Ironic Remarks, Frieden-und Freudenland, Velkia and the Islands, Candlewhisper Archive, Feladria, Cannibaland, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Kawastyselir, Caterasia, Ownzone, Canaltia, Ziotah and Riverside, Chilledsville, The Black Forrest, Turbeaux, Reannia, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Love and Nature, Entitize, Taco Respublic, The Void Territories, Forgotten Beauty, Wantevolo, Window Land, Verdant Haven, Sacara, Cat-Herders United, Novian Republics, Artemis, Ordand, Hyon Delta, Bananaistan, Octopus Islands, Bregaria, Lura, Crowacia, Cheloboria, Snjor, Blon Gre, Ashrah, Marimoland, Bilsa, Appendia, Effazio, Girelna, Anachronolandia, Middle Barael, Pen Blanityion, and 66 others.Deontologia, Atsvea, Tscharva, Bestburg, Alcantaria, Norginlajicratefe, East Stederland, Jutsa, Manniskoslaktet, Kannap, Chan Island, Terrabod, Gorthias, Litauengrad, The Cypher Nine, Hoochlandia, Simbolon, Hommeres, The Rhuarc Bastion, Old Hope, Coin Lands, The Most Serene Republicans, Heard of Baby Ducks, Zinguanaville, Roless, Discarnasia, Ypogegrammeni, Alsakah, The Long Valley, Uniania Geeth, Doxstern, Garbelia, Blue Nagia, Cuillin, Edible Plywood, Kepler-0085, Einswenn, Ancorai, Dark Chocolate Enthusiasts, The Fabulous Islands, Uan aa Boa, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Daarwyrth, New Ladavia, Gloomspick, Dasche, Shauls, Lugnan, Shalotte, Ordealius, New Autarky, Twiliydawn, McClandia Doge 2, Eaven, Central Dintinia, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, New Kvenland, Biae, Fartsniffage, Niyebe, Wizardonia, New Latin Locality, East Skirsburg, The World Wildlife Fund, Zayaki, and Arklanda.