“Facta Non Verba”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Squire
|Capital||The City of Truth|
The Mystery of Rumors is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Mr Joker with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, free-roaming dinosaurs, and pith helmet sales. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.17 billion Rumorians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The City of Truth. The average income tax rate is 97.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Rumorian economy, worth a remarkable 1,616 trillion Claws a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Tourism, Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 261,957 Claws, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The slowest students feel vaguely targeted by their Mendelian Inheritance coursework, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain, and construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway. Crime is totally unknown. Rumors's national animal is the Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rumors was endorsed by The Federal Republic of ASEAN Nations.
- : Rumors was endorsed by The Borderlands of Republika Poludniowej Wyspy Ksiazecej.
- : Rumors was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Hulldom.
- : Rumors was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Drug Use and the Top 5% for Highest Economic Output.
- : Following new legislation in Rumors, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
- : Rumors's influence in Thaecia rose from "Hatchling" to "Squire".
- : Rumors was endorsed by The Empire of Besancia.
- : Rumors voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Rumors was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Rumors relocated from Lazarus to Thaecia.