“Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
Location: New Western Empire
The Republic of Runegeist is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its prohibition of alcohol, state-planned economy, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, humorless population of 16.392 billion Runegeistians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rome. The average income tax rate is 99.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Runegeistian economy, worth a remarkable 2,866 trillion denarii a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 174,897 denarii, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cops shout apologies with every swing of their baton, hordes of tourists are ruining the environment, school football matches are usually five-a-side, and arthritic surgeons with tremulous fingers reassure patients that they are in safe hands. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Runegeist's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, arthritic surgeons with tremulous fingers reassure patients that they are in safe hands.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, school football matches are usually five-a-side.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, hordes of tourists are ruining the environment.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, cops shout apologies with every swing of their baton.
- : Runegeist endorsed The Grand Dominion of Oracle.
- : Runegeist endorsed The Federal Kingdom of Oceania-America.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, a child's only Trickster Night scare is the sight of their parents dancing.
- : Runegeist was endorsed by The Federal Kingdom of Oceania-America.
- : Runegeist voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
Endorsements Received: 56 » Angea, Gorzi, Josephtan, Ormantum, Reatilber Soclistice, Salanernterthwazva, Tyranogorgon, Mjopolis, Obliquity, Asterdel, The Federation of Soviet, VichyFrance, Zelkia, Venkara, Yuthorin, The United Empire States, Zalodia, Rupp, Leverestia, Norddriki, Zokada, Balkan Vojvodina, Valltoria, Of NUGE, Metania-Sol, United Soviet States Of Russian Empire, Vivandera, Fliesa, Silvaterrana, Carter Land, Ardedezarist, Fredonion, Bawnnmore, Pontusia, Heisenbee, ZOO288, Secular Soverign Republics, American Kingships, Coloniesia, Ierna, Jatma, Eitteri, Concol, Corsoaua, Siokania, HK416, HELLLLL, Dasnar, Turkmennoland, Wad Thelan Sysky 1, and 6 others.Middle Papillon, The Evile Empire, Ascendancy of Heria, Mazamason, Freedomist fighters, and Oceania-America.