“Together we stand.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Republic of Sagaris is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working population of 329 million Sagarisians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 17.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Sagarisian economy, worth 20.6 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Woodchip Exports, and Retail. Average income is 62,634 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky, the army lures cannon fodder with promises of a college education, literally voiceless people are unable to protest when food and water are denied to them, and all writing must pass a censorship board before being allowed on the shelves. Crime is totally unknown. Sagaris's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sagaris's influence in RIUVV rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Sagaris's influence in RIUVV rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Sagaris's influence in RIUVV rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Sagaris relocated from Balder to RIUVV.
- : Sagaris was refounded in Balder.
- : Sagaris ceased to exist in RIUVV.
- : Sagaris was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Sagaris's influence in RIUVV rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Sagaris voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Following new legislation in Sagaris, all writing must pass a censorship board before being allowed on the shelves.