“From many , one”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: South Pacific
The Union of Sahcara is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Arak with a fair hand, and remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, national health service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.177 billion Sahcarans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fionix. The average income tax rate is 79.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sahcaran economy, worth 377 trillion Sahs a year, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 118,808 Sahs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Foreign policy often involves bullwhips and leather, airport announcements inform passengers that flights have been delayed because pilots are having afternoon naps, anti-government web sites are springing up, and all judiciary cases are decided in the court of public opinion. Crime is totally unknown. Sahcara's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sahcara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Sahcara lodged a message on the South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Sahcara's influence in South Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Page".
- : Sahcara was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending and Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Sahcara relocated from Lazarus to South Pacific.
- : Sahcara was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Sahcara ceased to exist in South Pacific.
- : Sahcara's influence in South Pacific rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Sahcara lost the endorsement of The Democratic Federation of Holly United.
- : Sahcara was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.