“I'm sorry, you were too slow.”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The free society of Tic Tacs
The Republic of SAK081 is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its frequent executions, keen interest in outer space, and compulsory military service. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.717 billion SAK081ians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 28.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong SAK081ian economy, worth 124 trillion chips a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 72,575 chips, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Travelers often bring empty plastic bottles on Air SAK081 flights to avoid the pay lavatories, endangered species are effective hostages against the SAK081ian military, sneezing pedestrians are grabbed by alley-lurking doctors, and smoking is banned in public areas. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. SAK081's national animal is the sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : SAK081's influence in The free society of Tic Tacs rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : SAK081's influence in The free society of Tic Tacs rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : SAK081 relocated from Angelene to The free society of Tic Tacs.
- : SAK081's influence in Angelene fell from "Hermit" to "Shoeshiner".
- : SAK081's influence in Angelene rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : SAK081 relocated from Switz to Angelene.
- : SAK081 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Following new legislation in SAK081, smoking is banned in public areas.
- : Following new legislation in SAK081, sneezing pedestrians are grabbed by alley-lurking doctors.
- : Following new legislation in SAK081, endangered species are effective hostages against the SAK081ian military.