“I took a calculated risk, but boy am I bad at math.” Emperor Kraah
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
|Faith||Order of Rraag|
The Herpetological Empire of Sakkra is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Emperor Kraah with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful population of 37.944 billion Sakkrans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Education, with Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Palaai City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Sakkran economy, worth an astonishing 13,195 trillion Teeth a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 347,770 Teeth, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Artists attempt to convince the Hardship Fund that their unmade bed is a masterpiece, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms, builders across Sakkra are blocked up with orders for new public loos, and monocled merchants with funny accents are applying for Sakkran citizenship in droves. Crime is totally unknown. Sakkra's national animal is the Swamp Newt, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Order of Rraag.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sakkra's influence in Balder rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Sakkra's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Sakkra's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Sakkra's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Sakkra's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Sakkra was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Sakkra was refounded in Balder.
- : Sakkra ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Sakkra's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Sakkra's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".