“We Will Endure”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Civilized Tribe of Salguod is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Rendir Salguod with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, devout population of 869 million Salguodians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rendir. The average income tax rate is 70.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Salguodian economy, worth 102 trillion Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 118,001 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
People unhook their phones at night to escape a never-ending barrage of phone calls, citizens can't decide whether to be proud or horrified by the country's colonial history, anti-riot police are dispatched whenever two elderly ladies gather to complain that prices have increased, and protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Salguod's national animal is the Kiwi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Salguod was endorsed by The Queendom of Solega.
- : Salguod voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The New Inquisition".
- : Following new legislation in Salguod, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- : Following new legislation in Salguod, anti-riot police are dispatched whenever two elderly ladies gather to complain that prices have increased.
- : Following new legislation in Salguod, citizens can't decide whether to be proud or horrified by the country's colonial history.
- : Following new legislation in Salguod, people unhook their phones at night to escape a never-ending barrage of phone calls.
- : Following new legislation in Salguod, populations of two-headed Kiwis have been found around recently-uncovered archaeological sites.
- : Following new legislation in Salguod, prime commercial land is being swamped with archaeological teams.
- : Following new legislation in Salguod, many rural villagers have never been more than a day's horse-ride from their birthplace.
- : Following new legislation in Salguod, Salguod is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Saciu, Aidenfieeld, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Hanguk-Nippon, Wehraboos, Volaworand, Erinor, Awjan, Barabarom, Ariankido, Xandev, Anachronolandia, Aumeltopia, Quiescent, Jehenna, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Land Without Shrimp, North Prarie, Luddinlande, Jahass, Jaxon, The Filippinas, Academy of Umbrellas, Tsvetania, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Akindom, Farengeto, Ostanasia, Drugged Monkeys, Agalaesia, Churumduul, Tsunamy, State of Iowa, Qawe, Mew Nation, Pays de Loire, Amerion, Wild Space, Sporaltryus, Phanama, Great Africans, The Solar System Scope, Negoshi, Lakalvesoman, Qvait, Beepee, PenguinPies, Dasko, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Vincent Field, and 15 others.Rabbitz, Srevana, BootJack, Elveka, Aurcania, United Federated States of Omega, Kuddles, Ketathinamiri Islands, Yeldarbsland, UnShleepd, Upper Tyrconnel, New Briantown, Choodox, Sedunn, and Solega.