“Under the Eternal Blue Sky.”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Celestial Khaganate of Sancturia is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Overseer Stratos with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate population of 10.355 billion Sancturians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sancturia. The average income tax rate is 76.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sancturian economy, worth a remarkable 1,065 trillion Sancturian Grats a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 102,935 Sancturian Grats, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days, history textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students, healthcare workers are flummoxed over the spike in foreign tourists with sudden-onset heart disease, and interest in globalism never flags. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sancturia's national animal is the White Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sancturia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Sancturia changed its national nation type to "Celestial Khaganate".
- : Sancturia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Sancturia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Sancturia's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Sancturia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Sancturia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Sancturia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Sancturia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Sancturia, interest in globalism never flags.