“Peace is Holiness”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: the South Pacific
|Capital||Cuidad de Sierra Antonio|
The Confederal People's Republic of Santa Ofelia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by El Presidente with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, public floggings, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 1.886 billion Santa Ofelians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cuidad de Sierra Antonio. The average income tax rate is 89.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Santa Ofelian economy, worth 271 trillion Ofelian Pesos a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 143,992 Ofelian Pesos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Airplane passengers who purchase "basic economy" tickets are often assigned seats in the lavatory, tourists visit Santa Ofelia to mass-moon Santa Ofelian politicians, the government nonchalantly sells old nukes to other countries, and international commentators accuse the nation of aggressive cultural imperialism. Crime is totally unknown. Santa Ofelia's national animal is the Toucan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Santa Ofelia, international commentators accuse the nation of aggressive cultural imperialism.
- : Following new legislation in Santa Ofelia, the government nonchalantly sells old nukes to other countries.
- : Following new legislation in Santa Ofelia, tourists visit Santa Ofelia to mass-moon Santa Ofelian politicians.
- : Following new legislation in Santa Ofelia, airplane passengers who purchase "basic economy" tickets are often assigned seats in the lavatory.
- : Following new legislation in Santa Ofelia, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- : Santa Ofelia endorsed The Dazzling Glory of Land Without Shrimp.
- : Santa Ofelia endorsed The Queendom of Solega.
- : Santa Ofelia was endorsed by The Queendom of Solega.
- : Santa Ofelia was endorsed by The Dazzling Glory of Land Without Shrimp.
- : Following new legislation in Santa Ofelia, advertisements read like science journal articles complete with extensive references.
Endorsements Received: 87 » Hanguk-Nippon, Freedwanda, Quiescent, Luddinlande, Volaworand, Aidenfieeld, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Wyatonians, Rebel-topia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Lotadia, Farengeto, Drugged Monkeys, The ColdWyvernian Undead, Jaxon, Sandaoguo, Jehenna, Japanese Federal Republic, New Briantown, Kringalia, Sedunn, Erinor, Atomic Garden, Tsunamy, Aumeltopia, Beepee, UnShleepd, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Elveka, Anachronolandia, The National Corporation, Silberne Wache, Aywhyou, Isokenzar, Barabarom, Tsvetania, North Kanuckistan, Cuuldere, Lambdaland, Pamela And Hepatitis, Saciu, Lorora3, Vincent Field, Auphelia, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Qvait, Xandev, Birdkeeper, North Prarie, Wehraboos, and 37 others.Freedoom, Jahass, The Filippinas, Academy of Umbrellas, North Catimestistrianes, Ridehale, Akindom, Ostanasia, The Solar System Scope, Agalaesia, Ariankido, Churumduul, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, USNE2018, Mew Nation, Pays de Loire, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, Qawe, Oceanfront, Phanama, Hika Monith, Dasko, United Federated States of Omega, Westoc Kinness, P R of China, Nowa Europa, Rabbitz, BootJack, Aurcania, Kuddles, Maeiland, Ketathinamiri Islands, Higash, Land Without Shrimp, and Solega.