“Make the planet great again.”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Hatchling
|Leader||Justin Barack Macron|
The Jeffersonian Democracy of Saturns Edge is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Justin Barack Macron with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 11.701 billion Saturnians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hyperion Rift. The average income tax rate is 98.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Saturnian economy, worth a remarkable 1,515 trillion Sickles a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 129,547 Sickles, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Old dogs don't have to learn new tricks but they have to prove they haven't forgotten old ones, Saturnian tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, and voting is compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Saturns Edge's national animal is the Kaiju, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Agnosticism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Saturns Edge was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Saturns Edge's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Saturns Edge was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pacifist, Highest Average Tax Rates, Most Beautiful Environments, Safest, and Best Weather.
- : Saturns Edge's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Saturns Edge was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens and Healthiest Citizens and the Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- : Saturns Edge was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Saturns Edge ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Saturns Edge was struck by a Mk IV (Pacifier) Cure Missile from The Confederacy of Zyvetskistaahn, curing 196 million infected.
- : Saturns Edge was struck by a Mk V (Cauterizer) Cure Missile from The Commonwealth of New Lakemba, curing 329 million infected.
- : Saturns Edge was struck by a Mk V (Cauterizer) Cure Missile from The Commonwealth of New Lakemba, curing 464 million infected.