|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
|Capital||Free City of Saint John|
The Principality of Sayet is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, ubiquitous missile silos, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 532 million Sayetians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The tiny, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Free City of Saint John. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.7%.
The powerhouse Sayetian economy, worth 58.3 trillion florins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Basket Weaving, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is an impressive 109,670 florins, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 441,653 per year while the poor average 18,210, a ratio of 24.3 to 1.
Administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture, there's more vermin than ever on the metro, amorous nobles always bring the same disappointing gift to weddings, and Maxtopian Grass flags adorn every college dorm room. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Sayet's national animal is the cat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sayet was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Sayet, Maxtopian Grass flags adorn every college dorm room.
- : Sayet was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
- : Following new legislation in Sayet, amorous nobles always bring the same disappointing gift to weddings.
- : Sayet was reclassified from "Compulsory Consumerist State" to "Corporate Police State".
- : Following new legislation in Sayet, there's more vermin than ever on the metro.
- : Following new legislation in Sayet, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture.
- : Sayet endorsed The Republic of Samogitija.
- : Following new legislation in Sayet, rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century.
- : Following new legislation in Sayet, drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Erinor, The Filippinas, Hanguk-Nippon, Aidenfieeld, Quiescent, Wehraboos, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Saciu, Upper Tyrconnel, The Solar System Scope, Jehenna, Beepee, Aumeltopia, Westoc Kinness, Land Without Shrimp, Xandev, Bear Connors Paradiso, Tsunamy, Tsvetania, Volaworand, Yellunstryer, Drystar, Si-topia, Churumduul, Barabarom, Farengeto, Luddinlande, South Central Siberia, Amerion, Blaash, Raelsa, Abarri, Republitank, Ariankido, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Holy Chimerland, Qvait, Sporaltryus, Seliyan progressive Islands, Rabbitz, Srevana, Jahass, Jennaterra, Pays de Loire, USNE2018, Aurcania, Oreo States, World United, Anachronolandia, Ostanasia, and 18 others.Ketathinamiri Islands, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, New Briantown, Sedunn, Concrete Slab, Mapico, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Gecetesse, Kopashu, Madhonia, Antarctic Empires, Paranoia, Centristvill, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Omiri, and Samogitija.