“Lost My Way”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: Schjetman Reef
The Queen's State of Schjetman Ile is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 20.843 billion Schjetman Ileans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Industry, with Education also on the agenda, while Welfare and Spirituality are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.1%.
The thriving Schjetman Ilean economy, worth 623 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. Average income is 29,913 betales, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 91,380 per year while the poor average 7,590, a ratio of 12.0 to 1.
Voting is voluntary, surveillance cameras are banned, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Schjetman Ile's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Schjetman Ile was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Schjetman Ile was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Schjetman Ile was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Schjetman Ile was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Schjetman Ile was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dead and Most Zombified.
- : Schjetman Ile was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : Schjetman Ile proposed constructing embassies between Schjetman Reef and The West Sea.
- : Schjetman Ile agreed to construct embassies between Schjetman Reef and Tver Oblast.
- : Schjetman Ile was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Zombies and the Top 10% for Most Survivors.
- : Schjetman Ile was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Zombies.