“Knowledge, liberty and peace”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Capitalist Paradise
|Leader||Council of the Republic|
The Republic of Scientia Major is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Council of the Republic with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 15.637 billion Scientians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Elysion. The average income tax rate is 50.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Scientian economy, worth a remarkable 2,205 trillion scients a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 141,043 scients, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Disaster relief budgets are growing like wildfire, banana distribution among collective farm workers is an important topic in public discourse, it's all quiet on the western front, and 10-year-olds who struggle with integrating by parts are considered slow learners. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Scientia Major's national animal is the Scientian stag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Scientia Major endorsed The Empire of Glanst.
- : Scientia Major was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Scientia Major was endorsed by The Empire of Glanst.
- : Scientia Major endorsed The Free Land of Capistalia.
- : Scientia Major endorsed The Libertarian Federal Kingdom of Sheepcote.
- : Scientia Major was endorsed by The Free Land of Capistalia.
- : Scientia Major was endorsed by The Libertarian Federal Kingdom of Sheepcote.
- : Scientia Major was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Scientia Major was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Scientia Major was endorsed by Kimiland.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Kaputer, Aelhaeran, Scorpions Army, Poopsancagizal, Chsemo, Zenzibar, Snorlaxia, UNDelegate, Greybrows Puppets, Republica JIM, Arbonium, Octal, United Kodiaks, KotkoLandiya, Sheepcote, Capistalia, and Glanst.