“You Can't Stop Progress” Newton
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The Empire of Scientific empire is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Newton with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, pith helmet sales, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 1.787 billion Scientific empireans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Entropy. The average income tax rate is 19.5%.
The powerhouse Scientific empirean economy, worth 180 trillion Sci-Coins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 101,100 Sci-Coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Pawn shop reality shows dominate basic cable, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, Scientific empire's heavy congestion charges are the bane of motorists' lives, and children gain their first sex education from reading the dictionary. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Scientific empire's national animal is the eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Science.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Scientific empire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Scientific empire's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Scientific empire's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Scientific empire's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Scientific empire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Following new legislation in Scientific empire, children gain their first sex education from reading the dictionary.
- : Following new legislation in Scientific empire, Scientific empire's heavy congestion charges are the bane of motorists' lives.
- : Scientific empire was refounded in Balder.
- : Scientific empire ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Scientific empire was struck by a Mk V (Cauterizer) Cure Missile from The Salty Dogs of Great Bights Mum, curing 15 million infected.