“Bread for all!”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: Artificial Solar System
The Principality of Second to Naan is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its burgeoning bison population. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 624 million Second to Naanians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 25.5%.
The Second to Naanian economy, worth 31.6 trillion deniers a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Furniture Restoration, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 50,569 deniers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Second to Naan's national animal is the bison, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Second to Naan's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Second to Naan's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Second to Naan's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Second to Naan's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Second to Naan applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Second to Naan relocated from Community of nations to Artificial Solar System.
- : Second to Naan's influence in Community of nations fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Second to Naan resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Second to Naan lost the endorsement of The Tropical Democracy of Costa Hermosa.
- : Second to Naan was endorsed by The Tropical Democracy of Costa Hermosa.