“Religion is bullshit”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The East Pacific
The Democratic Republic of SecularNorth is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and compulsory military service. The compassionate population of 616 million SecularNorthians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Belladonna. The average income tax rate is 78.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming SecularNorthian economy, worth 62.1 trillion Litas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 100,868 Litas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cults that offer eternal life after death to those who follow a self-sacrificing saviour are frowned upon, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet, farmers have taken to hunting billionaires who encroach on their land, and tourists are duped into trimming hedges for the horsy-set. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. SecularNorth's national animal is the Cory Chase, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in SecularNorth, tourists are duped into trimming hedges for the horsy-set.
- : SecularNorth voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Following new legislation in SecularNorth, farmers have taken to hunting billionaires who encroach on their land.
- : Following new legislation in SecularNorth, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet.
- : Following new legislation in SecularNorth, cults that offer eternal life after death to those who follow a self-sacrificing saviour are frowned upon.
- : Following new legislation in SecularNorth, ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward.
- : Following new legislation in SecularNorth, the government is in utter turmoil following the recent abolishment of the tax code.
- : Following new legislation in SecularNorth, octogenarian swimsuit models insist that they've still got it.
- : SecularNorth was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in SecularNorth, students do more community service than homework.
Endorsements Received: 88 » Marrabuk, Liberstankonia, Pakitsk, Brotherland, Zukchiva, H-Zhena, VW53Aland, East Malaysia, Ridann, Axdel, Rainbow Vests, Azureano, Dragons Blood, Libertanny, Asendavia, Tretrid, Lingu, The Three States of Fortuna, Elejamie, Rhealaliit, Plazland, Unger under over, Republic of Berzerkistan, Roliganistan, The Empire of Rijelv, Headpat Central, Aeljae, Lantros, The Almighty Country, Cameronia Excellentia, Greater New Cassandra, Wizardonia, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Freedom Fascists, Hokolokia, Rohanland, Mays Austrian Nation, The Eternal Land of Jong, Joundia, Nigon, Raunch, The Brazillian Parlament Of Idideology, Staynes, Capetlant, Evrigenis, Servants of Gizmo, Technocratic Tagalog, Sovietsoyuz, Goodnamesarerare, Order of the saint Dumas, and 38 others.Talitoa, Lanagon, Acronis, Under Sea Desert, Pekweng, Modra, Kucia, Iodinia, BearStackof2015, Dragonia, Arkantis, Someseni, Adavan, Davinhia, Monix, Impia Aghte, Martonica, Tuvaltastan, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Jyzeria, A Slanted Black Stripe, Eagas, Riveraland, Squid Ruinosa, Sansangra, Filipopol, Gyp Land, A mean old man, BuciLand, Biggstonia, Stellar Colonies, Coruh, Santa Dystopia, Kagorg Bra Corna, Bytes, Survivoristan, Refuge Isle, and La xinga.