|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: Devide by Zero
The Empire of Senate 14 is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, state-planned economy, and restrictive gun laws. The cynical population of 915 million Senate 14ians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 42.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Senate 14ian economy, worth 22.4 trillion regions a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Uranium Mining, Soda Sales, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 24,513 regions, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies, surveillance cameras are banned, and it is illegal to make racist remarks in public. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Senate 14's national animal is the black hawk, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Senate 14 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Senate 14, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public.
- : Following new legislation in Senate 14, surveillance cameras are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Senate 14, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies.
- : Following new legislation in Senate 14, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry.
- : Senate 14's influence in Devide by Zero rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Senate 14's influence in Devide by Zero rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Senate 14 relocated from Greater Urxa to Devide by Zero.
- : Senate 14 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Senate 14's influence in Greater Urxa rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".