“Quality over Quantity”
|Category: Benevolent Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: Augustin Alliance
The Golden Autumn of September is a colossal, efficient nation, remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 8.95 billion Septemberians enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The tiny, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Spirituality, and Administration are also considered important, while International Aid and Welfare receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.6%.
The thriving Septemberian economy, worth 570 trillion senses a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Gambling, and Book Publishing. Average income is 63,787 senses, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 225,786 per year while the poor average 13,011, a ratio of 17.4 to 1.
Schools offer a range of lessons in subjects as diverse as The Economics of Bullying for Lunch Money and euthanasia is legal. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. September's national animal is the leopard, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : September lodged a message on the Cape of Good Hope Regional Message Board.
- : September lodged a message on the Conch Kingdom Regional Message Board.
- : September's influence in Augustin Alliance fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : September's influence in Augustin Alliance rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : September relocated from Ridgefield to Augustin Alliance.
- : September's influence in Ridgefield rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : September relocated from Augustin Alliance to Ridgefield.
- : September was struck by a Mk II (Sterilizer) Cure Missile from The Augustin Emi-rate of Emiline, curing 92 million infected.
- : September relocated from TNP to Augustin Alliance.
- : September proposed constructing embassies between TNP and The City of Ba Sing Se.