“Perseverance in preservation”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: 10000 Islands
|Leader||a staunch environmentalist|
|Faith||the Fellowship of Leaves|
The Pristine Protectorate of Seranis is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by a staunch environmentalist with a fair hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, compulsory military service, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 20.46 billion Seranisians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seranis Meadows. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Seranisian economy, worth a remarkable 7,205 trillion serans a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 352,151 serans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have, and rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Seranis's national animal is the elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is the Fellowship of Leaves.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century.
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have.
- : Seranis's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars.
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, S-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age.
- : Seranis's influence in 10000 Islands fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, there are traffic jams at sea as diligent customs officers check every part of every ship.
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals.
- : Following new legislation in Seranis, withdrawal of support for drug addicts is leaving many with cold sweats.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Tzo, Achiotopia, The Soylent Green Party, Solleana, Slaytania, Iontan, Testa, Coreras, Grungerock, Spncrgmn, Zyrcrestia, Samonaemia, Blogotopia, Zeklandia, Old Atlantica, The Tasmanian Islands, Zeganas, Colonel Terrosit, Perzische Keizer, Better Indonesia, Matterland, Hawalius, North Southumberland, Anollasia, DunNaGall, Tijdtevelia, Kilenel, Karlando, Austral Coast, Formic Republic, Serlone, Sygnafylki, Dustwind, Isentran, Oom, Finswedeway, Killettland, Aspistania, Maalemzya, Ironica Butterfly, The Marcolinan Islands, Adorable Kittens, Leirkra, Echocrimsonia, Wysrod, Cape Vessey, Seantonia, Dovant, Aleg, New Fania, and 22 others.South and East Illyria, Muricasz, Marchandal, Nooooooooooooooo, Polka Republic, Yaakovim Jacobis, Uprus, Wakazia, The City States Of Las Vegas, Cyber Revolution, Grahnol, Thomason, Kuriko, HN67, Bay of India, Ignis Cinere, Alterrum, The Land of Whiskey, DVVK, Radicarcs, Cosmopolia, and The Valencian Federation.