“Por Serlanda, por el Pópolo y por la Reina”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
|Animal||Penguin and Seal|
The Kingdom of Serlanda is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, feral children, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 1.707 billion Serlandish enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rome. The average income tax rate is 37.2%.
The very strong Serlandish economy, worth 112 trillion Serlanduroes a year, is led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 65,698 Serlanduroes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Former stunt pilots are unable to pass the licence test to fly a drone, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and foreign converts are illuminated by both missionaries and helicopter searchlights. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Serlanda's national animal is the Penguin and Seal, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Serlanda was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Alopecia Totalis.
- : Following new legislation in Serlanda, foreign converts are illuminated by both missionaries and helicopter searchlights.
- : Following new legislation in Serlanda, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Following new legislation in Serlanda, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers.
- : Serlanda was endorsed by The Socialist Republic of Glorious Society.
- : Serlanda endorsed The Empire of Mornangren.
- : Serlanda endorsed The Exalted State of Turkish-Ottoman.
- : Serlanda endorsed The Regime of Suberua.
- : Serlanda endorsed The Socialist Republic of Glorious Society.
- : Serlanda endorsed The Imperial Queendom of Hardjezco.
Endorsements Received: 22 » New Rogernomics, Axixic, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Denado, Leonism, Mainze, Treadwellia, Shangri-La Valley, Roridat, Wanga, Thetopia, Kan Po, The Sigometh Dynasty, Hycronesia, Praenestia, NoDrugCrimeTown, Mornangren, Turkish-Ottoman, Your Imaginary Friend, Aflana, Glorious Society, and Alopecia Totalis.