“The voices tells us all.”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The Dominion of Shadow-Land is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed population of 841 million Shadow-Landians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shadow-Falls. The average income tax rate is 59.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Shadow-Landian economy, worth 67.6 trillion Guilders a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 80,357 Guilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, careless Maxémon Trainers have been the cause of numerous search and rescue operations, all telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons', and nudity is frowned upon. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shadow-Land's national animal is the Scorpion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shadow-Land's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Shadow-Land's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Shadow-Land's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Shadow-Land was refounded in Osiris.
- : Shadow-Land ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : Shadow-Land was endorsed by The Empire of Empa Aserium.
- : Shadow-Land was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Marinho Islands.
- : Shadow-Land was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Mapico.
- : Shadow-Land was endorsed by The UNENDORSE ME of Concrete Slab.
- : Shadow-Land was endorsed by The Kingdom of Sedunn.