“You Can't Stop Progress”
|Category: Iron Fist Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Republic of Shaol is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its state-planned economy and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, cynical population of 285 million Shaolians are ruled with an iron fist by the socialist government, which grants its people the freedom to do whatever they like so long as it doesn't involve getting richer than anybody else or challenging the government.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 41.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Shaolian economy, worth 13.3 trillion florins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Cheese Exports, and Tourism. Average income is 46,607 florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of, Shaolian police have to pay out of their own pockets for bulletproof vests, annulments are on the rise as couples discover their ancestors were born in the same hospitals, and the nation doesn't need to go to war in order to acquire new territory. Crime is totally unknown. Shaol's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shaol was endorsed by The Republic of Parmovand.
- : Shaol was endorsed by The Hub Federation of Orado.
- : Shaol was endorsed by The ⌚ Brainwashed Bureaucrats ⌚ of Destructive Government Endorsing System.
- : Following new legislation in Shaol, the nation doesn't need to go to war in order to acquire new territory.
- : Following new legislation in Shaol, annulments are on the rise as couples discover their ancestors were born in the same hospitals.
- : Following new legislation in Shaol, Shaolian police have to pay out of their own pockets for bulletproof vests.
- : Following new legislation in Shaol, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of.
- : Following new legislation in Shaol, country folk are sent to obligatory boarding schools to learn how to be civilized.
- : Shaol was endorsed by The Queendom of Eravonia.
- : Shaol was endorsed by The Ghost of Delegate Past of Pallaith.
Endorsements Received: 86 » Runeda, Kasazzastan, Alunya, Siwale, El Fiji Grande, Shibutani, The Rhein States, Yaorozu, Omnistria, Trillius, Great Bights Mum, Shadowrik, Daiz, Dreadton, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Koda-Land, Dar es Saalam, Gnomewatchers, North Bratislava, New Octicarg, Corfad, Amauri, Loutsland, Cuyan, Notyoutopia, Guer Aike, Racoda, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Zumlandia, 1 very fast endotarter, Duerrlewang, Selfgradatude, Sockmanland, Steampunk Ariel, Federation Terra Australis, Moubarakistan, McMasterdonia, Aratani, Wineclaw, The Stratosphere Islands, Joodey, Sundred, Spartoptia, Makersaulache, Kwaj, Territorio di Nessuno, Fizban, Nordic-British Union, The Tampa Bay Rays, Solskjar, and 36 others.Pasargad, Newpromisedland, Glurponia, New Bremerton, Holy Oranz, Sunto, PlanetPunk, Frances Francis the First of France, Xentherida, Angshire, Wisconsota, Ponantine, Miruma, Kranostav, Yukti, PotatoFarmers, Loli County, Nothru Lerple, Pazair, The Iron Lions, Seenvorland, Vincone Cae, Black Templares, Clan Spaniel, Dabarastan, United Kahndaq, Viridiann, Afcon, Zyvetskistaahn, Maott, Juggernautilus, Pallaith, Eravonia, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Orado, and Parmovand.