“At least we arenít the Roman Empire”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
|Currency||Hugs and Chewed Pencils|
The Democratic Republic of Sharold is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.359 billion Carols hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Careold. The average income tax rate is 79.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Carold economy, worth 292 trillion Hugs and Chewed Pencils a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 87,072 Hugs and Chewed Pencils, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
High-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, inter-species marriages are ignored by the government, paranoid museum guards keep a lookout for any animated displays attempting to escape the premises after dark, and orphans would rather live their life of luxury than be adopted by prospective parents. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sharold's national animal is the Snail, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sharold changed its national demonym to "Caroldian", its demonym adjective to "Carold", and its demonym plural to "Carols".
- : Following new legislation in Sharold, orphans would rather live their life of luxury than be adopted by prospective parents.
- : Following new legislation in Sharold, paranoid museum guards keep a lookout for any animated displays attempting to escape the premises after dark.
- : Following new legislation in Sharold, inter-species marriages are ignored by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Sharold, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
- : Following new legislation in Sharold, alcoholism is the newest import from Dàguó.
- : Sharold was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Mapico.
- : Sharold was endorsed by The Zombiefied Republic of Qawe.
- : Sharold was endorsed by The Republic of Samogitija.
- : Sharold was endorsed by The Republic of Direwolf1.
Endorsements Received: 66 » Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Sandaoguo, Kringalia, Drugged Monkeys, Farengeto, Tsunamy, Aidenfieeld, Darakin, Wyatonians, Luddinlande, Hanguk-Nippon, Aywhyou, Volaworand, Sedunn, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Quiescent, Jaxon, New Briantown, Aumeltopia, Beepee, The National Corporation, Cuuldere, Linguiniland, Techganet, Lambdaland, Rebel-topia, Auphelia, Anachronolandia, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Xandev, Land Without Shrimp, Jahass, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Academy of Umbrellas, Wehraboos, North Catimestistrianes, Akindom, State of Iowa, Ostanasia, Churumduul, Pays de Loire, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, Agalaesia, Lakalvesoman, Dasko, Laropsa, Ariankido, and 16 others.Tsvetania, Aurcania, Sesteran, Qvait, Concrete Slab, Imperial Duck, Rabbitz, Empa Aserium, Marinho Islands, Gecetesse, Paranoia, Benstralis, Direwolf1, Samogitija, Qawe, and Mapico.