“It's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes.” Walter J Peabody III
|Category: Authoritarian Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The East Pacific
|Leader||Walter J Peabody III|
The Nakedness of Sheelberite is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Walter J Peabody III with an even hand, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, rampant corporate plagiarism, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 4.706 billion Sheelberites are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bloodyoath. The average income tax rate is 66.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sheelberitean economy, worth 737 trillion dollarydoos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, highly specialized black market in Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 156,757 dollarydoos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster, no one is worried about government policies any more, unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves, and animal liberationists receive government funding to break into animal research labs. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sheelberite's national animal is the Flamin' Codswallop, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Pantheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sheelberite, animal liberationists receive government funding to break into animal research labs.
- : Sheelberite was endorsed by The Disconcerting Deputy of Flying Snow.
- : Following new legislation in Sheelberite, unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves.
- : Following new legislation in Sheelberite, no one is worried about government policies any more.
- : Following new legislation in Sheelberite, the government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster.
- : Following new legislation in Sheelberite, the Coast Guard is pioneering a quixotic program to train fish.
- : Following new legislation in Sheelberite, children fear compulsory visits to their spiritual advisors more than the dentist.
- : Following new legislation in Sheelberite, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills.
- : Sheelberite was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Authoritarian Democracy".
- : Sheelberite was reclassified from "Authoritarian Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 20 » Brotherland, Liberstankonia, H-Zhena, Staynes, A mean old man, BuciLand, Libertanny, Santa Dystopia, Zukchiva, Evrigenis, Imprisoned Freeman, Modra, Dragons Blood, Oofery, Nevertopia, VW53Aland, Horn of Havenkaap, Ephem, New Leganes, and Flying Snow.