“For the sake of Cole” Cole James William Shelly
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
|Leader||Cole James William Shelly|
The Sacred of Shelly is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by Cole James William Shelly with an iron fist, and renowned for its soft-spoken computers, anti-smoking policies, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 993 million Shellis are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Industry, Law & Order, and Education are also considered important, while Social Policy and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shelly. The average income tax rate is 9.9%.
The powerhouse Shellyian economy, worth 83.6 trillion Coles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 84,161 Coles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government has ordered a moratorium on referenda, the nation's weary schoolchildren excel at sport but must count scores on their fingers, the combined alert sound of a nation simultaneously receiving a text message is a common cause of hearing damage, and kids these days know how to throw a proper punch. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shelly's national animal is the Samsquanch, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shelly lost the endorsement of The All Inclusive Love and Pride of Jehenna.
- : Shelly changed its national capital to "Shelly", its demonym to "Shelli", and its nation type to "Sacred".
- : Shelly endorsed The Peripherals of Paranoia.
- : Following new legislation in Shelly, kids these days know how to throw a proper punch.
- : Following new legislation in Shelly, the combined alert sound of a nation simultaneously receiving a text message is a common cause of hearing damage.
- : Shelly was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Shelly was endorsed by The Peripherals of Paranoia.
- : Following new legislation in Shelly, the nation's weary schoolchildren excel at sport but must count scores on their fingers.
- : Following new legislation in Shelly, the government has ordered a moratorium on referenda.
- : Following new legislation in Shelly, former stunt pilots are unable to pass the licence test to fly a drone.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Wehraboos, Erinor, Saciu, Quiescent, FiHami, Land Without Shrimp, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Freedoom, Academy of Umbrellas, Agalaesia, Aidenfieeld, Xandev, Volaworand, Farengeto, Anachronolandia, Aumeltopia, Churumduul, Tsvetania, The Filippinas, The Solar System Scope, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Towi Lamia, Pays de Loire, Amerion, Wild Space, Kringalia, Dasko, Great Africans, Qvait, Beepee, Rebel-topia, USNE2018, PenguinPies, Pencil Sharpeners 2, United Federated States of Omega, Hanguk-Nippon, Westoc Kinness, Ariankido, Vincent Field, Jennaterra, Luddinlande, Ketathinamiri Islands, UnShleepd, State of Iowa, New Briantown, Sedunn, Upper Tyrconnel, Sesteran, Concrete Slab, Imperial Duck, and 5 others.Aurcania, Empa Aserium, Marinho Islands, Gecetesse, and Paranoia.