“Much love and friendship”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The Leftist Assembly
The Free Land of Shermani is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic population of 646 million Shermen are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of South Shore. The average income tax rate is 88.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Shermanian economy, worth 51.1 trillion Sherms a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Tourism. Average income is 79,084 Sherms, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sheepish teenagers are making eye contact with their parents for the first time in a decade during state-enforced 'no-phones hour', flight attendants rip down curtains with revolutionary fervor, a government program is underway to revitalize Shermani's beaches, and counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients. Crime is totally unknown. Shermani's national animal is the Goose, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shermani was endorsed by The Free Land of Jathuie.
- : Following new legislation in Shermani, counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients.
- : Following new legislation in Shermani, a government program is underway to revitalize Shermani's beaches.
- : Following new legislation in Shermani, flight attendants rip down curtains with revolutionary fervor.
- : Following new legislation in Shermani, sheepish teenagers are making eye contact with their parents for the first time in a decade during state-enforced 'no-phones hour'.
- : Shermani endorsed The Collective Syndicate of Thurston.
- : Shermani was endorsed by The Collective Syndicate of Thurston.
- : Shermani was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Shermani, sales of trenchcoats are on the rise.
- : Following new legislation in Shermani, the nation has an international reputation for compassion.
Endorsements Received: 66 » Socialist Great Picardy, Super Awesome Fun Times, Dyl, Claiomha, Llorens, Antinios, Nangka, Slackertown, Silverfish37, Soviet Catgirls, Ephros, Anarchocommunists of the World, Argentigrad, Agatep, Grod Island, Zaratov, Kawany, Helionyx, Ezmwalia, Picuros, Henchikurin, Mexican Communists, Martilliopen, Socialist Columbia, Kongoland, Caspersland, United Socialist Republics of LAN, Nepacton Murt, Sincadenas, Rorlenland, Fizzopolis, Asturies-Llion, Anioniotopia, Transcommunist Republics, Smoothie Magic, Sauros, New Volica, Regional Defence Council of Aragon, Armenasia, Idontknowium, Shanghai Commune, NeoXoleria, Greater Kralltopia, Carolia Aurea, Depro, Creatrix, Republic of Braz, Digitotuo, Kaamapoori, North Amherst, and 16 others.New Russsia, Rigaloria, Wagrurg, Old Corus, MacSwiney, Eskhaton, Ghillemear, Das Pardgulew, New Samon, Podria, Narodnya, Roulantinia, Wispsent, Mexicalia Union, Thurston, and Jathuie.