“Where art thou quartz drawbridges and marble gargoyles?”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
|Capital||Jurassic Park on Independence BLVD|
|Animal||Fat Lard Tina The Llama|
The Refined High Class Society of Shlama is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Jeff Goldblum with an even hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, otherworldly petting zoo, and punitive income tax rates. The quiet, industrious population of 2.211 billion Shlamians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Welfare, and Public Transport. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jurassic Park on Independence BLVD. The average income tax rate is 69.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Shlamese economy, worth 223 trillion Toppins a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Cheese Exports, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 100,953 Toppins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The nation is so apathetic that Shlamians can barely find the energy to bring new issues to the government, old dogs don't have to learn new tricks but they have to prove they haven't forgotten old ones, pros are the new cons, and citizens have to dodge their neighbors' drones while getting the morning paper. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Shlama's national animal is the Fat Lard Tina The Llama, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shlama was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Shlama voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Communist Bloc".
- : Shlama voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting the Rights of Labour Unions".
- : Following new legislation in Shlama, citizens have to dodge their neighbors' drones while getting the morning paper.
- : Following new legislation in Shlama, pros are the new cons.
- : Following new legislation in Shlama, old dogs don't have to learn new tricks but they have to prove they haven't forgotten old ones.
- : Following new legislation in Shlama, the nation is so apathetic that Shlamians can barely find the energy to bring new issues to the government.
- : Following new legislation in Shlama, a suspicious number of male students have joined the Ladies' Wrestling League.
- : Shlama was endorsed by The Federation of Defense For The World Assembly.
- : Shlama was endorsed by The Republic of Tsandonown.
Endorsements Received: 110 » Xentherida, Venicea, Koda-Land, Orado, Corfad, Kocherian, Barabolia, Former English Colony, The Rhein States, Bharathvarsh, Zzozona, Hamerica, Selfgradatude, The AnCap Pirate Utopia, Shibutani, Siwale, Interdimensional Zone, Crusadam, Territorio di Nessuno, Hardscrabble, Sachi, Aerilia, El Fiji Grande, Lulubellia, Illusia and Neverendia, Star Kingdom, Navsland, Ellbonnia, Empy, Kragsgale, The Tampa Bay Rays, Bankowiata, Omnistria, Yaorozu, Yokciq Empire, Guer Aike, Great Bights Mum, Dar es Saalam, Dreadton, Svenskskit, Kazoo Basin, Republica Guilleana, Notyoutopia, Votak Matim, Eri-Maqa-Ena, New Lakemba, The Pantheons, Cretox State, Frances Francis the First of France, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, and 60 others.Climeria, McMasterdonia, Ethnon, Ravendi, Madjack, Pytong, Loutsland, Sikol, Shadowrik, Valentine Z, Sundred, Sil Dorsett, Odelinor, Pallaith, Vesteysia, Port Naga, Nodnarb, Wilkshire, Imperial Pieserged, Francois Isidore, Slyakanya, Valgarda, Zemnaya Svoboda, Maott, Wineclaw, Andexia, North Bratislava, The Republic of Free Peoples, Wapistan, Dangine, Sunto, Questann, Lol2639, Chips and Guac, Travislavania, Siforpeo, Fauzjhia, Xagill, Figyjharli, Kranostav, Holy Oranz, Super Girl, Pasargad, Draconian Progression, Steampunk Ariel, Xyrron, Yellops, Alexander the Magnus, Aryan Homeland, Mon Island, BTProductions, Religioncord, Tyirza, Siberian Workforce, Nagaur, Uzbek Khan, Seanat, Planes, Tsandonown, and Defense For The World Assembly.