“You couldn't handle my undivided attention.”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The Bar on the corner of every region
The People's Republic of Shrute Empire is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its triple-decker prams, parental licensing program, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 567 million Peasants are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shrute City. The average income tax rate is 77.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Shrute Empirean economy, worth 27.8 trillion Shrute Bucks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, Basket Weaving, and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 48,986 Shrute Bucks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Ritual mummification is making a comeback, no personal detail is too tiny for the suede-denim census police, beat cops aren't named for the territory they patrol, and foreign nationals are widely distrusted. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shrute Empire's national animal is the Shrute Stoat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shrute Empire's influence in The Bar on the corner of every region rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Following new legislation in Shrute Empire, foreign nationals are widely distrusted.
- : Following new legislation in Shrute Empire, beat cops aren't named for the territory they patrol.
- : Following new legislation in Shrute Empire, no personal detail is too tiny for the suede-denim census police.
- : Shrute Empire was endorsed by The 𝓒𝓛𝓘𝓒𝓚 𝓜𝓔 𝓟𝓛𝓔𝓐𝓢𝓔 of Intoxicated.
- : Shrute Empire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Following new legislation in Shrute Empire, ritual mummification is making a comeback.
- : Shrute Empire was endorsed by The Smash Hit Movie Version of Brocklandia.
- : Following new legislation in Shrute Empire, children often kick Shrute Stoats for amusement.
- : Following new legislation in Shrute Empire, blind dates tend to result in bruised shins.