|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Sign a Treaty is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 367 million Sign a Treatyians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 30.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Sign a Treatyian economy, worth 7.29 trillion rubledollars a year, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Cheese Exports, and Information Technology. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 19,872 rubledollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sign a Treaty's national animal is the hawk.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sign a Treaty's influence in Suspicious rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Sign a Treaty's influence in Suspicious rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Sign a Treaty relocated from The Greater Star Region Of Bleria to Suspicious.
- : Sign a Treaty resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Sign a Treaty's influence in The Greater Star Region Of Bleria rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Sign a Treaty relocated from Suspicious to The Greater Star Region Of Bleria.
- : Sign a Treaty endorsed The Republic of Bam 18.
- : Sign a Treaty was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Sign a Treaty applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Sign a Treaty was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian and Most Income Equality.