|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Commonwealth of Silage is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Anyho Escort with an even hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 30.841 billion Silageans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Clamp. The average income tax rate is 95.3%.
The enormous but inefficient Silagean economy, worth a remarkable 2,306 trillion Litres a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 74,802 Litres, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
No one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain, and politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Silage's national animal is the cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Silage voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Silage was endorsed by The Kittens of Godly City.
- : Silage was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Silage voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Silage voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".
- : Silage voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : Silage was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Silage voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Apulita".
- : Silage voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Regulating Desalination".
- : Silage was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential and the Top 10% for Most Valuable International Artwork.