“United do we Stand a Chance”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The State of Siquijora is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, smutty television, and prohibition of alcohol. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.117 billion Siquijorans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kali. The average income tax rate is 72.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Siquijoran economy, worth 511 trillion Siqs a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 124,344 Siqs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, private businesses are paving paradises to put up parking lots, coffee-addicted citizens look forward to baristas getting their name wrong at local coffee shops, and explicit slash fiction is repackaged for kindergarten kids as stories about friends cuddling friends. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Siquijora's national animal is the Elephant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Siquijora was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Siquijora was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Siquijora was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Siquijora was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens and Safest.
- : Siquijora was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Siquijora lodged a message on the CISB Regional Message Board.
- : Siquijora's influence in CISB rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Siquijora's influence in CISB rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Siquijora's influence in CISB rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Siquijora changed its national capital to "Kali".